So what happened this month?
We changed the rules slightly this month. It used to be 4 games 4 times in a month. We sorta realised this was not possible for us, we just don’t have the time 🙁 So we only played 3 games 4 times – good going for us!
Ashes, Rise of The Phoenix Born – Mike / Mike / Mike / Mike
Ticket To Ride – Tammy / Mike / Tammy / Tammy
Battleship (2014 cardgame from Morrisons) – Tammy / Mike / Mike / Tammy
It was a Mike win this month with some Epic wins for Ashes.
Why a Devonald Gaming Cup?
For the longest time our gaming collection would sit on the self gathering dust. We would only play these great games when other people were around. It felt like such a shame to let these games go to waste. So I (Tammy) came up with a cunning plan – why not make a funky trophy to be awarded to the person that wins the most at the end of a month?
We have been doing this for a while now, whoever wins has the honor of their name on the trophy for the whole month and it sits pride and place in the hallway where everyone can see it. Turns out we play a lot of games now 🙂
So, the rules are,
- We play 4 different games, Tammy picks a game she would like to play, Mike also picks a game he would like to play, in advance before the month starts.
- We play these 4 games for times each in a month.
- We also choose two games at random to play once in the month.
- In total we should play 10 games for the Devonald Cup
- Wins when we play with other people do not count.
- Co-op games can be played – but do not count towards the trophy.
Come back next month and find out who wins . . .