When you have a games night booked you need to get the snacks sorted. No fear, here at Board Together we love a tasty treat. So here is Tamz’ super easy peasy Banana Loaf recipie. This tastes amazing and is really easy to make, anyone can give it a go.
150g Dried fruit
(I mix Apricots and Sultanas 50/50, but you can mix it up, great combos – Cranberries & Walnuts // Pineapple & Coconut // Mango & Apple // Cherries & Almonds if you add nuts also add 2tbsp of milk to stop it drying out)
125g Caster Sugar (golden caster sugar is best)
3 Bananas (the older the better)
200g Self-Raising Flour
1tsp Baking Powder
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees and line a 2lb loaf tin.
2. Chop any dried fruit into small pieces as needed.
3. Mash the bananas in a small bowl and mix in the zest from the lemon.
4. Cream the butter and sugar together until pale and creamy.
5. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well each time.
6. Add the dried fruit and mashed bananas, mix it all together.
(Add milk now if needed)
7. Gently fold in the flour and baking powder.
8. Pour into loaf tin and bake for 1hour, check after 50mins, a skewer poked through the middle should come out clean when the cake is ready.
9. Carefully pop the cake out of the tin and leave to cool on cooling rack.
This cake is lovely eaten warm and with custard!