So, you have a hungry mob to feed on games night, what do you do?
We have the answer, easy to make games night meals for everyone . .
Hunters Chicken – Serves 4
• 500g jar Homepride Hunters Chicken sauce
• 4 Chicken Breasts
• 4 – 12 rashers of Bacon
• 50g Grated Cheese
• Oven Chips/Potato Wedges
• Mixed Salad of Choice
1. Pre-heat oven to 200°C / Gas Mark 6 / Fan Assist 180°C
2. Work out timings for when to put chips in oven and how long it takes to cook the chicken, then remember to add when needed.
3. Wrap each chicken breast in at least one rasher of bacon (we like lots of bacon so wrap ours with 3 rashers!)
4. Place in ovenproof dish and cook for 30mins.
5. Remove from oven and pour the hunters sauce evenly over the chicken.
6. Return to oven and cook for a further 20mins.
7. Check chicken is cooked through, slice open if you are not sure. If pink, continue to cook as needed.
8. Once cooked through, sprinkle with cheese and serve with chips and salad.
• If you cannot find the sauce, or like me completely forget to buy it, I found 500g BBQ sauce will also work 😛
• We add the cheese at the last minute, as we have someone lactose intolerant in our group and can skip their plate, but if you sprinkle it evenly over all the chicken and cook for a further 5mins, it melts perfectly.
• You can swap the Salad for Peas or other vegetables you like
• Add some Onion Rings if wanted, homemade if you can, but the frozen oven bake ones are great.
• Homemade potato wedges are great with this:
– Take some Maris Piper potatoes, wash and pat dry with towel.
– Carefully slice each into wedge shapes.
– Arrange on baking tray and sprinkle with lots of vegetable oil and a little salt.
– Cook at high temp until fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside.
– Remember, the thicker the wedges the longer it takes to cook (but they do work better thick cut with hunters chicken!)